5168

The double bridge of Trimiklini

09/09/2020
* NOTE: All the tributes of All About Limassol (as the Official Guide of Limassol) aim to ONLY highlight the special aspects of this wonderful city, so that everyone can be aware of the exceptional options they offer. Under no circumstances do they have any promotional or nominal value, and they do not serve the interests of Companies, Municipalities, Organizations or Individuals.

The only double bridge in Cyprus is situated in a beautiful location in the Limassol countryside. The bridge is made up of two seperate constructions, each corresponding to a different historical period.

The first phase of the construction was completed in 1901. Initially, it served the needs of carriages crossing from end of Cyprus to the other, through the mountainous regions of Limassol. The second phase of the construction was completed in 1917, after the appearance of the first automobile vehicles.

This spot then became the connection between Limassol – Trimiklini – Troodos. Trimiklini was and remains a crossing point for travelers.

This is why the area is also home to another bridge, located on the trail which connected the community to the surrounding areas during medieval times.