Having welcomed 2017 we already started browsing through the calendar. A lot of the annual holidays happen on Saturdays and Sundays. That’s why we need to schedule and take the best advantage out of those rare and precious long holidays offered in the new year.
Limassol with its variety and diversity, from the mountain to the beach and from East to West, can be proved more than enough and utterly satisfying for those who long for a short escape.
- During the Epiphany holiday 6-8/1 one has to visit a city by the sea and follow the traditional customs of those days. The Limassol seafront and its idyllic landscape is what one needs to walk up and down with honey donuts and roasted corn! And if it gets cold – those are the days for that – you can always sit in a cozy, warm coffee shop in the area, at the Old Port or in Limassol Marina.
- Limassol Carnival makes the city the best option for the 3-day holiday of Green Monday on 25-27/2. One who chooses to combine partying in the city and visiting the countryside and its idyllic villages will benefit from both of Limassol’s sides, the cosmopolitan one and its natural beauties.
- Spring escapes in Limassol do not ask for special recommendations. The 3-day holiday of May 1st on 30/4 – 1/5 is ideal for a first visit on the beach side. With the variety of beaches in Limassol, from the lonely and wild ones to the never ending sandy beaches in the heart of the city, one cannot but find at least 1 that fits their taste.
- The first baths in the sea are a must during the 3-day holiday of Pentecost (3-5/6). The Cataclysm festival offers plenty of activities and events during these 3 days for a unique experience.
- Christmas in 2017 “treat” us with a unique 4-day holiday on 23-26/12. These days a trip to the mountains is really worth it, because then you can warm up with wine at the wineries of mountainous Limassol. And if it happens to get a little dizzy you can always spend the night in one of many hotels in the area.
Below you can see all the holidays in 2017
1/1 News Years - Sunday
6/1 Epiphany - Friday
27/2 Green Monday
25/3 National Holiday - Saturday
1/4 National Holiday – Saturday
14/4 Holy Friday
15/4 Holy Saturday
17/4 Easter Monday
1/5 Labor Day - Monday
5/6 Pentecost - Monday
15/8 Assumption of Mary - Tuesday
1/10 Declaration of the Republic of Cyprus - Sunday
28/10 National Holiday - Saturday
25/12 Christmas - Monday
26/12 Boxing day – Tuesday